Saturday, October 4, 2008

My birthday present

Janet got me a flight in a glider for my birthday!! How neat is that?
For those of you I haven't already bored to death, here's some pictures of the flight.



This is the glider I was in. (Must have be painted by an OSU fan.)



Bob, the pilot, giving instructions.




Squeezing in. (I wont mention any names, but some of you should consider the large, box style glider if you go.)





Wow! I made it.




Watch where you put your feet, pal.



The tow plane. (Ducks fan)


Takeoff




Airborne


The tow plane again


Mt St. Helens and Mt Rainer


Mt Hood and Tualatin Plains



Hillsboro (Hare Field in center)



Sawmill, hwy 26, and Willamette Valley Soaring Club field.










Glider field



















North Plains on approach



Final approach

Touchdown. We're done.











Very cool. Thank you, thank you Love.

If you're interested in a ride, contact the Willamette Valley Soaring Club. www.wvsc.org or (503) 647-0913






6 comments:

Jan said...

You are very welcome. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Amy said...

you;re funny.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

looks like fun

Gramma said...

What an experience! Thanks for letting us know what it was like. Your comments really added to the journey.

Sam said...

I love the look on your face in the "watch your feet, buddy" picture. I have seen that look ALOT in my lifetime. :) Glad you had fun.

Roger said...

Not Sam! Why would I EVER give Sam that look. lol