Saturday, October 18, 2008

Coincidence??? You decide.

I lost my flash drive. I know I had it 10/22 by 10/26 I couldn’t find it anywhere. It is not unusual for me to lose things, I would find it. But I didn’t find it. I looked everywhere over & over again. It was full of pictures, GG’s stories, old journals, family history, and personal history. I was devastated.

During conference the message I heard more than once was be kinder and let people know you care.
In my journal I wrote 3 things I wanted to do about this counsel. Some of them had been in the back of my mind to do since July. As I finished my list the thought was strong that, “When you actually do these things you will find your flash drive.” That’s silly - the list had nothing to do with the flash drive.
It took me until this Friday morning to finish the things on my list. As I put the stamp on the envelope and addressed my letter I said to myself, “Now can I find my flash drive?” And again I thought how silly that was.
I needed to do some on-line banking for Richard. When I came home for lunch, I took the papers off the shelf – the same papers off the same shelf I have looked thru at least once a day for 3 weeks – and the flash drive fell out onto the floor.

3 comments:

Amy said...

See, you should be nicer.

jlcumber said...

:) Amy cracks me up.

Kinda like Kenzies prayer to get Amy's POS car to drive for me again. I feel it and don't think it is crazy. :) Good job being nice Mom.

Sam said...

Karma is a powerful animal. I choose to think Karma is God working. Coincidence is God working. Luck is God working. But, hey, that's me. I am simple that way. Yay. I would be sad if I lost mine too! Except my work one, that would be ok. ;)