Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mom

Our sweet Marge has volunteered to take Mom to her house for a few weeks while Roger has a chance to get through these last few treatments and recover for awhile.

This morning Mom said to me, "I bet you'll be glad when I go home."
I said, "Why would you say that?"
She said, "To get me out of your hair."
I told her, "No, I will miss you very much."

And I will.
I will miss her crazy wit.
I will miss her songs & poems.
I will miss her stories.
I will miss her giggles.
And in a way, I will miss her "mothering".
Most of all I will miss the opportunities I have had to
give her small acts of service and to hear her heart felt
"thank you"s.

And I will be glad when things are more normal here and she can come home.

5 comments:

Sam said...

You're such a good daughter in law. I hope to have one so good someday. Let me know if I can help in any way too, ok?

jlcumber said...

:( We will miss her too, but the time will fly and she will be back soon...so enjoy the little free time while you have it.

Jan said...

When the time comes, she'll need a ride home. Any takers?

Sam said...

Jan:

From where to where? (Where is Marge now?) And when? I may be able to...depending upon work and baseball.

Let me know.

:)

Sam

Amy said...

Or we probably could. Especially since the kids won't be in school and we could use it as a chance to visit Dusty in Nampa.