Sunday, May 9, 2010

Garden time

We planted a little more garden yesterday. As usual, I'm trying a few new varieties. For the past few years, I've planted Precocious for early corn. It is early and we're happy to have it, but its not great corn. This year we planted Quickie. The write-up makes it sound really good. We'll see. Of course, my main season corn is still Bodacious.
For cherry tomatoes, I've been using Sweet Million. It's well named -tons of cherry tomatoes, but splits badly. This year I'm trying Bambino. It's supposed to resist splitting.
I also found a cabbage (Gonzales) that's only softball sized. The regular sized ones are really too much for us.
We took it pretty easy and there's more to plant. I may get some more in today. This time I'll wear my straw hat instead of the baseball cap. The back of my bald head got a little pink yesterday.

4 comments:

jlcumber said...

Can't wait to start planting our garden too. I am trying that topsy turvy thingamabob for the tomatoes this year. Since most of ours ended up on the ground.

Sam said...

Now you can offer quickies to all your neighbors. HA! I'm here all week.

Roger said...

Don't quit your day job, Sam.

Roger said...

HEY, there'll be no quickies offered to any neighbors!!! Ya got that??