Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spring is coming

Its time to get ready so I ordered the garden stuff from Territorial Seed Co. today. Corn, beans, peas, peppers, and tomatoes to be delivered in May. The other stuff I'll pick up around here when planting time gets closer.
Late last fall or early last winter I collected some seeds from my favorite rose bush, Precious Platinum. I've kept the seeds in the refrigerator since then and I'm going to plant them in little peat pots tomorrow. I dont know what I'll get, if anything, since I dont know who the male parent was (The scoundrel!), but if anyone is interested and I have several plants, I'll share them. Get your orders in soon.

4 comments:

Thayer & Associates said...

Me! Me! Me! That one is my favorite of your plants and I would to have one.

jlcumber said...

Me too. I don't care who the scoundrel is...but I do think it is funny that you would call the Male parent a scoundrel and not the female a hoochie. :)

My order has been placed. :)

Rhoda said...

I tried saving rose seeds from mom and dad's salmon several years ago, but to no avail. Can you give me the correct procedure? YAY SPRING!!!!!!

Sam said...

Uncle Codger:

Can you come see me and bring some spring? It's cold, snowy and miserable here this morning. :(