Monday, February 2, 2009

L&L Visit

Lyle & Linda were here over the weekend so of course we had to play Solo. I had a pretty good run of cards and won several hands in a row. At one point I had so many chips I thought Sam must be playing. One of the reasons we all love her is because she's so generous. I've heard that she'll even try to make a call without the 10 of trump. lol
We went to the Trailblazer game Saturday night. (Thanks Chris & Amy.) Max lost power in the tunnel (Fortunately, before we got there.) So, they put us on a bus at the Sunset transit center an took us downtown. There we got back on Max and went on to the Rose Garden. Then we reversed the procedure on the way home. Lyle tried to make the best of it by saying it added flavor to the evening. I said I didn't care for that flavor. (Kinda like fish icecream.)
It was a great game! Portland kicked Jazz butt big time,

1 comment:

Sam said...

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Arlen. You are in. for. it. Next time I see your "no solo playin" butt, I am going to kick it all over town, pal!!! (But, yes, it's true. I learned the hard way not to call without a ten. Sorta like you learned not to call your mom at 1:00 after having more than one berry wine cooler. Sorta like that.) You are a punk, but yes, I am generous. Aren't I? :)