Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a tough job...

Friday, the engineering manager took the department to the Tri-County shooting range and to Clancy's in Sherwood for lunch.
The idea is that:
a. Some of the new engineers are fresh out of school and have very little actual shooting experience.
b. It gives us a chance to try out some of the new prototypes.
c. It's damn good for moral.
The range has pistol, rifle, and shotgun ranges. I split my time between pistol and rifle.
It's really tough sweating over a hot gun all day and keeping your eye on the target, etc., but someone has to do it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

we missed you. you need to post more often, dude.

I think taking up target practice at my job would be a bad idea. At least until all of the children are in school.

Sam said...

You stink, Roger Codger. You know I am green with envy. :)

Roger said...

Sam, are you saying you don't get to do this at EOU? Wow, who'd a thunk it. lol

Sam said...

Well, we did have a nice 5 point bull out in the parking lot last fall...if I would have been "target practicing" in the Student Union, he would have been easy pickins. :) Stinker.